“The socialization of the web was the most important and transformational trend of 2006. It was even more present in 2007, and it’s showing no signs of stopping this year.” iMedia Connection
In this day and age, people have shorter attention spans. This makes the job of an internet marketer a lot tougher, as he/she has to constantly come up with creative ideas to spread awareness about a business. Thanks to social media marketing, online marketing for CT business owners becomes a lot simpler.
A well defined social media marketing strategy is needed to be put into place so that you can make your business stand apart from those of your competitors. The strategy for social media marketing should take into account all the aspects of customer expectations and various avenues that could be tapped by business owners to get maximum return on investments (ROI).
From intelligently drafted blogs to podcasting, online video sharing, profile creation on social networking sites, bookmarking, joining discussion boards and forums, etc., social media marketing provides you with endless opportunities to grab the attention of your clients. Make use of all the avenues to maximize your profits.
An excellent strategy for social media marketing can be drafted by keeping the following points in mind:
- Know your target customers: – The first step for formulation of a strategy for social media marketing is to have a clear idea about your potential clients. Describe their profile by taking into account their age, gender, group, education level, social status, and financial situation. In all forms of social media, you can target the specific group quite easily.
- What is your unique selling proposition: – Every business owner feels they have something new and unique to offer to their customers. It could be your prices, improved product, new services, etc. Find that unique aspect about your business and spread the word about it to your target customers.
- Relate to customers by checking their expectations: -By finding out what the customers want and providing them with useful tips, information, and advice to help them with their shopping, you will forge better relationship with your clients.
- Words should be carefully drafted: – Social media provides you with space to carefully showcase your business. Therefore, the messages you post should be persuasive without being overwhelming. Also experiment with different types of posts and see what evokes a better response from people.
- A healthy mix of marketing and social messages: – You should not appear to be a spammer in the eyes of your followers on social networking sites. Therefore, along with promotional messages, you should also upload socially relevant messages and personal updates on your profile so as to appear more real to your followers.
Last but not least, check out the pages of your competitors frequently to adopt best practices and also to learn what should be avoided. Get going and come up with a winning social media marketing strategy today.